Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Poe stuff.... last minute!

Edgar Allan Poe is in my opinion Americas number one anti-transcendentalist. With his ere style of writing, he has been known bring chills down spines. With famous short stories and poems know world wide, Poe has been in the spotlight of literature for many years. Poe has always been a mystery all throughout his life, even upon his death. But what is with this guy? And why is he so weird. Fun fact: did you know that there is a movie currently being filmed titled ‘’The Raven’’!?!?. In the movie Poe’s girlfriend get kidnapped, and Poe ( just like in real life…. NOT!!!) goes on a killing spree! How historically accurate Hollywood is. So anyways on to the actual literature.
As we all know Poe wrote in a sort of taboo way. Writing about subjects death to more death and occasionally incest ( gross ). The only poet I could really compare Poe to is Whitman. I mean those two probably could have been best buddies. I can Imagine them sitting under a oak tree writing about weird stuff that comes up in their minds. Even though I can compare them I can also see some differences..
All right now we can assume that Walt Whitman is know as a transcendentalist, and well Poe is the opposite. Whitman writes what is on his mind on the moment. While Poe I think, takes his sweet time, and just makes it work. Either way, I think both men are crazy, but very intellectual.

No comments:

Post a Comment